Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Having mouth ulcer, unable to eat spicy food, burning sensation and unable to open mount. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
I am having mouth ulcer unable to eat spicy food it will be burning sensation and unable to open mount pls help us for tratment
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Mouth ulcers are usually self healing and do not require any treatment, however for faster healing please follow these advices

1. Avoid spicy food until the mouth ulcer heals
2. Drink lots of water, upto 8 glasses of water per day
3. Take multivitamin tablets like Becosules for 15 days
4. Apply a local antibiotic gel like Metrogyl DG gel which is a combination of metrogyl and chlorhexidine

I would like to add here that if the ulcer persisits and does not heal please see an ENT specialist for further management

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries I will be happy to get back to you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor