Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Having mild pin in testicle and left testicle getting bigger. Medical test normal. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
Hello Doctor,

I am 33 year old men from India. I am having mild pain in my left testicles for last 8-9 months. It does not occur when I take rest, however during working hours it again starts. I observed that my left testicle is bigger than my right testicle which I suppose is normal. I also undergone ultrasound and urine test to search to find out harnia or like disease. Shown to urologist also. He found every thing is fine.

Recently one doctor suggested that I should start wearing V shape underwear to give support to that. He also suggested that I may use some Supporting Pad also for which he suggested me to consult one another doctor. Meanwhile I came to know about this site.

I want to tell you that I started using some cloth under underwear and found that its working but not regularly. You are requested to advise me what kind of illness I am having and what is the cure to it. Any medicine or instrument or supporting pad which a doctor recently suggested. If you are Indian doctor then some body suggested that I should start using Langot.
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

Having seen a urologist, I guess hydrocele and Varicocele would have been ruled out.
Along with hernia, the above two are the common causes of testicular pain.
If nothing is found, that means you need not worry and just need to wear something that supports the scrotum well.
A V-cut underwear is one and langot is another.
If you find using a langot, which has to be custom made with a cloth of sufficient length, comfortable, try using the same.
Meanwhile a course of painkillers should help.

Wishing you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having mild pin in testicle and left testicle getting bigger. Medical test normal. What should I do? 2 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for your early reply. I guess that you have gone through the test report which I typed and uploaded for your reference.

I am using V cut underwear for last two three months but it didn't help. Then I started using one cloth on left side under V cut underwear to support. I observed that in this case someday Pain occur and someday I even don't realize that there is some problem.

As u said there is no problem as such. Then why this pain? As I explained earlier also that one of MD (Medicine) doctor informed me that there are supporting pads available in market. Please advise if it is so or I may stick to langot and alike.


Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Hi Mr,

Welcome back. I understand your anxiety.
I did go through your reports and they are normal.
So, you have valid reason in asking for the cause of pain, when the checkup done by the doctor and the scan reports are normal as well.
There are areas of medical science where, at times, to the anxiety of the patients and the concern of the doctor, no cause is found. Yours is one of them.
I have not met any marketing person till now who has come with a special support for the scrotum.
If one of your doctors has come across, it is worthwhile trying it, as it is not a medicine to have side effect.
In fact, you can try out all the available options.
Application of ice is one additional method to ease the pain. It can be applied for about 15 minutes each session two times daily for one week and whenever needed.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having mild pin in testicle and left testicle getting bigger. Medical test normal. What should I do? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor,

One last question on the subject. I am not sure whether it pertains to mind or some organ problem. I was using condoms during intercourse till this July this year. When I tried for second child I found that its hard to enter into vagina without using some cream or like that. I started using vaseline zelly for the purpose and comfortable.

At the time of first child I was not using any such zelly or like that. Though I don't feel any pain or abnormalities during intercourse, but as my wife is still not conceived after 3 months. I am having doubt that this mild pain may not be the cause of reduction of performance of my organ and this zelly may not damage my sperms which fallls under vagina.

You are requested to clear my doubts on this subject.

Thanks once again for your timely reply.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi Mr,
Welcome back.

Since you are trying for a child, it is better to avoid any kind of jelly over the penis.
It is better to use vegetable oil like coconut oil, if necessary.
As long as you have good erection, there is no need to worry about reduction in the performance of the organ. It is possible that lubrication is less in the vagina, which may result in the need to use external lubricants.

If erection decreases at some point, it is better to consult.

Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor