Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Having mild pain in the breast. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12750 Questions
My 13yr old daughter just told me her breast has been hurting. Upon further questioning, she stated that she has two nipples on one breast. Upon examination, it does look like two nipples or one that is split completely in half. She is extremely modest, but I am concerned and would like to have a doctor examine it. What type of doctor (speciality) do I need to take her to?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Mild pain in the breast is commonly seen during menarche due to the hormonal changes and the breast growth spurts. This pain usually subsides in 6-8 months.
Appearance of two nipples on one breast is a normal physiological variation and is not worrisome. It is not associated with any pathology.
To confirm this, you can get her examined by a gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor