Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having lung pain, rash on back, fatigue and trouble concentrating. Blood test showed high WBC and Kidney stones

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
I have been having pain in my lower left lung, a small rash on my back, periods of extreme fatuige, dizziness and trouble concentrating. I had blood work done and white count was elevated and my glucose level was 39. I had a CT and it showed kidney stones an a mostly collapsed gallbladder.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

A combination of rash, pain on the left lower chest, with fatigue and dizziness along with high WBC count suggest infection.

Infection can be viral or bacterial depending upon how toxic the patient is, A very high fever along with very high count argues for bacterial infection.

Please go for x XXXXXXX chest and sputum examination to reach the diagnosis.

I do not think kidney stones as such are related to this illness , although having stones predisposes a person to urinary tract infections.


Please let me know if you need more information.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having lung pain, rash on back, fatigue and trouble concentrating. Blood test showed high WBC and Kidney stones 5 hours later
I had an x-ray and ultrasound and both came back normal. Anymore tests i should request to hlp get a diagnosis?e
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 6 hours later

Xray and ultrasound is normal in viral infection.

I think you need some anti inflammatoty medicines for the pain.

Viral infections usually subside of their own in a few days with supportive measures like Rest, fluids, Good diet and Paracetamol.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor