Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having lumps under testicles. No pain. Will it cause any problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi Doc,

I have a small sort of lumps under the testicles which I noticed 6months back. As of now I am not seeing any kind of pain. It only bothers will this cause any problem going forward. Please advice.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 30 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Firstly let me make something clear. Testes is a male reproductive organ lying XXXXXXX to a sac known as scrotum. So if the lesions can be seen externally, these are present on scrotal wall.
These could be sebaceous cysts, warts, molluscum, scabetic nodules. To confirm the diagnosis, discuss management and prognosis, I would request if you could send a clear resolution image of the concerned area.
If you feel that the lesions are XXXXXXX to scrotal wall and arising from testes then do let me know, so that we can discuss the possibilities.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having lumps under testicles. No pain. Will it cause any problem? 2 hours later
Hi Doc,

As per your request, I have enclosed high resolution pictures of the concerned area.
Please check and do let me know your advise on the same

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
I have seen the images attached. It probably looks like a sebaceous cyst. Another close possibility could be a lesion of molluscum contagiosum. The differentiation requires a close naked eye examination.
Molluscum is a viral infection characterised by pearly white to skin colored done shaped lesion with a central umbilication/ depression
Sebaceous cyst is a cyst underneath skin and may have a central black punctum. On squeezing, it may discarge an oily or cheesy liquid.

Both of these can easily be treated by cautery of the lesion. Had the cyst been large, then in that case surgical excision would have been required.

I would advise that you XXXXXXX a dermatologist near by to get the lesion examined and treated.
Hope that helped.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor