Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Having lumps all over body. What could this be? Treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6185 Questions
MY STEPSON, HE IS 57 AND HAS LUMPS ALL OVER HIS BODY, THEY ARE LIKE WARTS BUT THEY ARE NO WARTS. They are like small little balls hanging over his
body, including his face. Please tell me what it is, so I can talk to him for any treatment.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about what your stepson is experiencing. I know how distressing it is to watch a loved one go through all this. Hope together we find answers and a solution to this.

It would have been ideal to have a picture and take a look. Also, for how long these tumors have lasted? have they been growing slowly over time? Is he having any hearing problems or difficulties with his balance? Any visual problems? Has any one in the family ever presented with something similar?

From the description of symptoms, it could be neurofibromatosis type. Type 1 is more common in young children while type 2 is more common in adults.

There is no real treatment but palliative care can be offered depending on what the implication of the lumps is on the surrounding organs. This is because the lumps are also found in structures like the brain.

I hope this addresses your query at least in full while pending more information from you to give more specific information if need be. I hope to hear from you soon.
I wish him well.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor