Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Having lump on neck. Chest x-ray nad mannogram normal. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
Hi my name I'd XXXXXXX .I was at my drs tonight as I have s small lump on my neck..she said it felt like fatty lump..have had chest xray and mammogram..all clear..I have had it nearly 2years and my FBC was normal nothing to worry she right.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 49 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
A lump which is there for 2 years, not growing & no new change, is likely to be benign ( not a cancer ). However I recommend you to see a general surgeon & take an expert opinion as well. They are the experts & can give you the best advise as far as this lump is concerned.
Most likely the doctor will advice you to have one biopsy to confirm the nature of this lump.
You may contact me back if you have any question.
Wish you best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having lump on neck. Chest x-ray nad mannogram normal. What can be done? 3 hours later
I have had ultrasound of area and they could find nothing at the its only small and moves to touch Dr says its feels like its attached to skin and di sapears when I move certain ways or lie down..I have had 3 drs evaluate it and all say its fine...been same size and texture for 2 years

I also am waiting on appointment with ENT for sinus issues..
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Thanks for your response.
This is really good to know that so many doctors think the same way. This certainly increases the chance of this to be benign. Biopsy is indicated for tissue diagnosis alone & you may go for it if you want a confirm diagnosis.
Clinical examination tells many things but is seldom sufficient to make a diagnosis.
You may go for your ENT appointment & can also discuss about the lump with him/her. The doctor may give you some valuable suggestions.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor