Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Having lump in urethra. Severe bruising underneath the penis. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
I am a 61 yo male. I have a lump in/on my urethra. It is in the top third of the penis. I noticed it about a month ago following what appeared to be severe bruising underneath the penis starting at the glans and continuing about half way down the penis. There is no pain(even if touched), no discharge or difficulty urinating. I have not (to my knowledge) had an STI.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 13 hours later

Thanks for sharing your health concerns.

The location of the lesion makes it concerning and therefore should be physically examined by a provider; different causes are possible, including infections, abnormal growths (both benign and malignant) or other inflammatory causes.

Your provider may run some basic blood tests, including screening for sexually transmitted diseases, determine if cultures are needed and if sometimes a biopsy specimen could be required. A urologist would be the best specialist to take a look.

Hope this is helpful, wish you the best health, blessings,

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor