Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having lower back pain and tingling fingers. Is this related to spine problem?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have a lower back pain when I stretch, it gives me a twitch in my left arm have had it for 6 months now but my fingers are tingling now and it won't go away? I was wondering could it be something to do with my spine?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Nerve root compression in the cervical spine can cause sensory symptoms and back aches. It can be ruled out by a detailed examination and radiological tests - X-ray / MRI scans.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. He/she can also guide you through X-ray/MRI of the area affected regions.

Your doctor after diagnosing the condition may refer you for physical therapy along with analgesics - these should take care of your symptoms.

In the interim you may try over the counter analgesics such as panadol and heat fomentation by hot water bags.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor