Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Having lower back pain and feeling fatigue. Medicine to prevent semen leakage after urination?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
What medication should I take to prevent semen leakage after urination? I have lower back pain and fatigue which I think are caused by semen leakage. Thank you
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the symptom of semen leakage after urination, indicates possibility of prostatitis. It means infection of the prostate gland which is leading to secretion of semen like fluid after urination. Your back pain and fatigue also support this condition.

For confirmation of the disease, a clinical examination is necessary. Apart from that a routine urine examination is also very much important. You can do the urine examination first and then you can consult with urologist.

If prostatitis is confirmed, then you have to take a broad spectrum antibiotic like cephalosporine or fluoroquinolone group of drugs. You have to take plenty of water. For back pain, you can take a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agent like aceclofenac group of drug. A pantoprazole group of drug is also necessary.

Lastly, you have to consult with urologist for a clinical examination, for ordering required investigation and also for further management accordingly.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more questions.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having lower back pain and feeling fatigue. Medicine to prevent semen leakage after urination? 1 hour later
Thanks for the information. I think it is not because of infection because I had the same problem 5 months ago and at that time I did all the examinations and there was no infection. Then I was given some dedication and it worked. I think (as I read through internet) it is because of some nerves that control flow of semen. You know better. Please give me more guidance and name of the drugs to take. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, you are talking about urinary incontinence. In that condition, you will be unable to control the urge of urination. It is unlikely to have a semen leakage in that condition. So, my first suspicion is infection of prostate gland.

As you have a history of same thing previously, second possibility is definitely the incontinence. In this case, it would be better to do some pelvic floor exercise. That is very easy way to get rid of this situation.

Apart from that, you can consult with your treating doctor about fesoterodine group of drug. They are very much effective.

So, you should consult with your treating doctor about the drug I have mentioned.

Hope, you have your answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor