Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Having lower abdominal cramp while sitting, standing, running or walking. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Critical Care Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5 Questions
I have cramp like feeling in my lower left abdomin that hasnt gone away in almost 2 days. When i sit i dont notice it. When i stand and stretch with arms above my head i can feel it. I also feel it when i press the area with my fingers. It feels like a cramp i'd get if i was running. I can also notice when i walk. Should i get this reviewed by a dr or is this something that will pass? What could be the cause of this?
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ninder S Chawla 48 minutes later
Thanks for the query.

I wanted to know few things that are if you able to pass stool and flatus, or is it like water balloon.

You should get done few investigations and visit to a surgeon for discussing further treatment like laxatives, antibiotic, and other symptomatic treatment.

Investigations required:
1)Ultrasonography of abdomen
2)X-ray abdomen

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor