Having low blood pressure, heart races and shortness of breath. Taking Losartan. Having sweating and thirst. Suggestions?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Question: MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN HAVING VERY SEVERE SYMPTONS ,LOW BLOOD PRESSUREES (90-80) OVER 60
HE IS 6FT 6IN, HIS HEART RACES,HE'S SHORT OF BRETH AND IS VERY WEAK. HE IS NOTa complainer ,so when he somthing is wron , there is. he takes Losartan/hxtz 100/25 is he taking too large of a dose?

also sweating and severe thirst. AND VERY MOODY,GROUCHY not hisself
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 44 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your description sounds serious... He should be investigated / You MUST TAKE HIM TO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - IMMEDIATELY
A systolic pressure (upper figure) of 80 is by definition shock...
Sweating may mean sympathetic stimulation from heart attack
Racing heart is arrhythmia
Breathlessness may mean left heart failure...

He should be seen by a doctor immediately - HEART ATTACK is the possibility UNLESS PROVED OTHERWISE / In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours. / Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise / Take him to the ER...

EKG / ECHOcardiogram / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance
Call for HELP

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck