Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having light pain above kidney. Ultrasonography was normal. What is the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
Sir I have light pain in right side above kidny from last seven month. I have done treatment form orthopatics, uroligist ( Have done CECT thorax, IVKUB, Ultrasonography ) every thing is normal. But after taking all the treatments still the problem is presist. My Age -39 year, Male. I also want to discuss one case of my frend that he was also complaining same problem from last one year they also take all the treatment everywere doctor said no problem. But after one year he was suffering for fever and he was died within four days. In ICU doctor said he was suffering from Meningitis ( Miningo Enflities). Her age was 47 Year Male. So I request you that you suggest me that were and which doctor I consult for treatment.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consult Gastroenterologist Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr Jetendra XXXXXXX I would like to thank you for the detailed report attached. Going by your symptoms and your previous scan of March/July 2013 which showed a small right renal calculi and fatty liver. It requires no further intervention provided you are not alcoholic and over weight. The size of calculi is 4mm which usually gets flushed out when the water intake is good which is well documented by the normal scan report of October 2013. Do you consume alcohol? If you consume, it could be the cause of fatty liver. There seems nothing significant to explain the Symptoms you are facing. One of the possibility could be biliary dyskinesia and motility disorder which will require evaluation by a Gastroenterologist, try for one in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX hospital. Also the incidentally diagnosed Cystic lesion in thyroid requires further evaluation by endocrinologist/General Surgeon. I hope I have answered your query. Kindly provide the follow up, and get back if you have any other query. Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS MS MCH
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having light pain above kidney. Ultrasonography was normal. What is the treatment? 2 days later
Sir thanks for reply. I am not alcholic and not faty. I take alchole in party once in a year. My pain is not a continious pain. The pain I feal at the time of movement or when I touch on that portion. This pain is not sever to take any pain killer. It is very light those I feal that it is not normal. So please suggest me further for treatment or for consultation.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of acid peptic disease to be Considere Detailed Answer: Namaste Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX If you are experiencing the pain exactly below the right rib cage and if you are experiencing pain on pressing it, another possibility I could suggest you is it could be acid peptic disease with possibility of Duodenal ulcer. Any upper abdominal pain which does not respond to routine medication like antacids and proton pump inhibitors atleast calls for getting an Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy done by a General surgeon or Gastroenterologist. In my practice I routinely put the patient of suspected Duodenal ulcer patients on 14 day empirical Helicobacter Pylori treatment. Duodenal ulcer in majority of the cases is due to Helicobacter Pylori infection and respond to the treatment. Majority of my patients have responded. I usually do endoscopy in atypical presentation or failure to respond. Also I would advise you complete Abstinence from Alcohol. Wishing you a healthy life Do get back to me in case you have query. Regards Deepak
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor