Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Having leg pain due to hair line fracture at feet. How to reduce the pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10396 Questions
I am having leg pain due to hair line fracture at my feet.
How to reduce the pain..
I am on medication. Physiotherapy
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain at the site of fracture is due to weight bearing and a movement at the site of injury. To reduce the pain, you can take a mild pain killer, avoid weight bearing and consult an orthopedician for applying a cast at the fracture site for adequate immobilization.
The best way to reduce pain is immobilization.
Do avoid physiotherapy till the fracture heals completely radiologically.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having leg pain due to hair line fracture at feet. How to reduce the pain? 13 minutes later
I am consulting an orthopedic and going th'u physio therapy in recoup .My injury is healed but still i feel pain while walking..
My muscles are week. I want to know what should i do so that pain should reduced.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If the fracture has healed then the pain is likely to be due to post traumatic stiffness. For pain relief, you need to take mild pain killers regularly, do a hot fomentation and apply a local analgesic gel on the area.
Do continue with the physiotherapy. It is likely to subside in 4-6 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor