Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Having large open pores on face. Suggest cream to reduce it

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
hi...i am 32years female.l am having large open pores on my face(result of XXXXXXX acne i had during my teens).Can you suggest some ointment for reduction.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

To treat acne induced pores pits and scars. You might follow these suggestions-
1) Use a salicylic acid based face wash
2) Use an alcohol free toner (avoid in winters)
3) Use water based moisturizer meant for acne prone skin.
4) Use a vitamin c or Glycolic acid based cream along with retino a cream daily.

The above four would reduce oiliness over face helping you to some extent in reduction of pores along with improvement in pits and scars.
However definite treatment in reduction of pores and scars would be
1) Microdermabrasion
2) Regular sessions of peels Glycolic or TCA peels
3) Dermarollers
4) Lasers

All these are dermatologist-guided procedures and can be given according to severity and type of pores, pits or scars. I would advise you to visit a dermatologist nearby to get your skin analyzed, so that a proper treatment schedule can be suggested.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, I would be happy to assist you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor