Having langerhans cell histiocytosis. On steroid pills. Strong ammonia smelling odor in urine. Reason?
Maxzide containing trimaterene is the cause.
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.
Maxzide contains Triamterene and Hydrochlorothiazide.
Triamterene is known to cause Ammoniacal smelling in breath and urine.
It also cause metallic taste in mouth.
Thus all these smell and taste are not due to doctor to change the drug and get another proper drug.
Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
WIshing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Worms and langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis armpit
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis causes
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis in the cervix
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis herbalist
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis citalopram
- Squeezing langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Diagnosis of langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Symptoms of langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis esophagitis
- Have flaking finger nails on hands. Nails short. Cause?
- Remedy for itching after skin cancer surgery?
- Have a very slight ache on jaw, neck, and upper arm. What might be the...
- Having trouble breathing after doing little house work. Cause?
- Diabetic and taking Mclazide. What are the side effects?
- Had an attack of fungal infection. Used Lobate. Have red pimples and...
- Have unraised red spots on face, neck and upper chest. Suffer sore...
- Have groin ache, had unprotected sex. STI and PCR negative. US of testis...
- Blood test showed Mild anisopoikilocytosis. Meaning?
- Had CT Scan for lymph nodes. What does it show?