Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Having "labor like" pain but I'm not pregnant. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I'm having "labor like" pain but I'm not pregnant.
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 minutes later

Labor like pain indicates that you have very severe pain in the lower pelvic region. It helps me if you describe the pain in detail. I know it is literally intolerable to write all.

This severe pain indicates emergency, I suggest you an ER transfer. It mandates a series of examinations and tests as well. Please call up 911 now.

Do not waste time. It can be precious now.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having "labor like" pain but I'm not pregnant. What to do? 7 minutes later
I'm 46 , could this be peri menopausal symptoms ?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
I had seen your age in the medical history. I have not seen a person presenting with such a severe pelvic pain and ended in menopause.

What is the scale of the severity on 1 to 10? 1 being the least and 10 the most.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor