Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Having knee pain, difficulty in bending and stretching the knee. What to do?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I been having knee pain for a few months now and I can walk and get around ok but I noticed today after sitting for about 30 mins with my knee bent that when I straighten it and extend my knee out I can see a dip or hole in my knee cap.
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 28 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

Knee pain you have seems to be due to muscle spasm.
After sitting for long time with bent knee your muscle get in spasm. When you straighten you knee, dip might seen due spasm muscle around the knee cap.

Do not worry, do knee stretching and strengthening exercises to relieve the spasm and strengthen the muscle around the knee.

Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Dr Saurabh XXXXXXX
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor