Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having itchy tingling sensations in buttox crack and penis. Is it any yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi I am 26 year old circumcised male...I exercise very often and at my job sweat a lot ...I began feeling itchy tingling sensations in buttox crack and day 3 weeks ago..I was doing an Ab workout on a hard floor and knew my tail bone area was getting friction...but later that night I noticed there was a bit of broken skin at the top of my buttox healed quickly and seemed superficial...2 weeks later I was performing Squats and had very tight boxers on I felt my penis feeling irritated...later that night I seen the skin was red and superficially broken on the underside where the shaft meets the glans...I have not experienced any growths nor lesions on my penis...just a dry skin itchy sensation...I have been creaking out not knowing what this is..jock itch...balantis..yeast infection...dermatitis...or herpes...I applied lotramin and cortizone to my penis and redness just seems to be irritated easily...and as of yesterday...everything has cleared up completely..
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description, it appears you might be having frictional dermatitis(intertrigo). It occurs due to constant friction, excessive sweating and occlusive underclothes that lead to red macerated areas which burn and itch at site of friction and pressure.
To treat the same,
try to wear cotton underclothes instead of synthetic clothes
Clothing should be loose as much as possible
After exercise take a shower to remove sweat, dry the areas completely and keep them well ventilated
Always dust friction prone areas with absorbent antifungal powder like clotrimazole dusting powder
If still lesions develop you need to apply a mild steroid antifungal cream.
If its too itchy, you may take tablet cetirizine to alleviate it.

Hope that answers your query, should therebe any other doubt feel free to write back.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having itchy tingling sensations in buttox crack and penis. Is it any yeast infection? 8 minutes later
I do shower at the gym right after working out...I tend to work 14+ hour I can not shower too much there...but I bring baby powder with me....I applied raw garlic to the sites of concern..after a short stinging sensation..I felt great...I did notice at times my gland felt swollen...or would feel cold...just very weird...I'm sure I have been adding so much mental side effects to the situation...also yesterday it seemed like as my whole penis had dry patches of skin that dusted off ..upon feeling and looking better than it has in the last month...
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
1) after shower, make it a point to dry the areas completely. There is no need to shower too much, the idea is just to wash away the sweat and grime post gymming and dry the areas completely
2) instead of using a baby powder, dust axilla groins and other friction areas in your case with clotrimazole powder, it has better absorbing capacity and a good role in containing fungal infection if any.
3) do not apply raw garlic over genitalia or any other area. Garlic can lead to irritant reaction causing stinging burning and redness or dryness at areas of application. Home remedies should always be tried with caution.
4) kindly follow suggestions I have mentioned in my previous post you will definitely have good results.You already have cortisone cream( steroid) and lotramin cream( clotrimazole cream) kindly apply cortisone cream over affected dry areas twice in a day for few days as the dryness over penis that you are having is due to application of garlic.

Hope that answers your query.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor