Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having irritation feeling on head of penis. Noticed rashes. Suggest medicines and cure?

User rating for this question
Answered by

HIV AIDS Specialist
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 2712 Questions
Hello Sir,

I am having some irritation or some kind of sensation on the head of my pennis. I can see some rashes. Also it smells very bad and I can see some white things also on the head and under skin.
Please suggest sone medicines to cure this infection.

Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of yeastinfection-Antifungal treatment

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query.

If you could give some more information regarding this I can give you more useful information.
1. Your age
2. Marital status and your sexual activity
3. Are you on any treatment?
4. Do you have Diabetes Mallitus

Anyhow your presentation reveals that you seem to have yeast infection of your penis. Sensation of some sort of discomfort over the head of your penis along with rashes and collections of white material are characteristic of an yeast infection.
It has to be confirmed by your physician before beginning the treatment by examination and investigation and also by ruling out other STDs.

Anti-fungal antibiotics as topical and oral medication for a period of 3-4 weeks will assure you a complete cure provided your sex partners also to be treated simultaneously. Excellent medicines are available and not difficult to be cured.
Some other predisposing factors have to be looked for and has to be eliminated or to be under control to achieve a complete cure.
So get cured soon with the guidance of your physician.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having irritation feeling on head of penis. Noticed rashes. Suggest medicines and cure? 3 hours later
hello sir, thanks alot for replying.
age : 27
married and sexually active
I am not on any treatment.
no diabetes mallitus

my wife went to US last week for 6 months so she will consult there as you have suggested that we both should take medicine.

Sir these days I am very busy with office work. So can you pkease suggest me medicines to cure this infection.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole cream,Flucanazole after confirmation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back

Actually we should not prescribe any drug without examining the lesion.

Any treatment should be started under supervision of a physician. Confirmation of diagnosis, ruling out other possibilities, associated problems and monitoring the side effects of the drugs all can be possible only if you are under the supervision of some physician.

Clotrimazole creams and Flucanazole tablets have to be continued for 3 weeks as per the guidance of your doctor.
Taking treatment at United states, that too, for the one who goes on a short visit is difficult to XXXXXXX with.
If you have a will, then you can find your own time to XXXXXXX some specialists.
Get well soon.
DR S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor