Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having irritating itch along with drainage, burning and inflammation on eyelid. Took antihistamines. Is my eyelid cancerous?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1977
Answered : 1172 Questions
How would I know if my eyelid is cancerous? I have had an irritating itch along with drainage, burning , inflammation on the left eyelid for over a couple of months. When its starts to clear up my eye starts to itch and the flareup begins again. I have allergies year round so I am familiar with that. But my eyelid has not acted up like this until now. I take antihistamines year round. Right now my eyelid is crusty and when I wake up in the morning the itching isnt bad but it is crusted shut. I have started putting bacitacin on it today. It seems to soothe the burning. I was putting aquaphor on it but it doesnt clear up the drainage or redness. I feel like there are open wounds. But only see a patch of scally skin with wrinkly skin.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 50 minutes later
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
What you have is s quamous blepheritis.
This will not be fully cured by aquadrop and bacitrin,though it will give you some relief.
Continue with anti histaminics.
Put bacitracin in the eye as well as antibiotic will take care of superadded infection iin th eeye.
What you have to have is steroid eye ointment to be applied over the eye lid for a few days.
Get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor