Having irregular periods. Will it be cured by krimson 35?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: hi.. i am having irregular periods for almost 4 to 5 months now... and few years ago i faced the same problem. and doctor asked me to take Krimson 35 for 3 months. and after 3 months i stopped taking the tablet and my problem got resolved. This happened almost 2 years ago. Now again i am having the same problem. Shall i take the same tablet for 3 months. or do i have to consult a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 22 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, the drug mentioned is really helpful in this condition. But, before going to take it you first need to be evaluated clinically. Because, this symptom can be present in many conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome and hypothyroidism.

If clinically polycystic ovarian syndrome is suspected, then it should be investigated very carefully due to the chance of future infertility.

You have to do an ultrasound scan first to rule out any abnormality. Do a hormonal study including LH, FSH. Thyroid profile test.

Then consult with a gynecologist with the reports and for clinical correlation of those reports and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.