Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test. Have hormonal imbalance. When can I expect menstrual cycle?
My pelvic ultrasound and pep smear are really normal you creat hope in my self please tell me the right solution...I have got sudden rapid wight gain like 6 kg in 3 months so is that really affect in menstrual cycle
I taking provera talblet. From last 10 days is that really good option to treat this problem
Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX
Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that there is every likelihood that you may be suffering from PCOS that is polycystic ovarian syndrome . All the symptoms you have mentioned fit with this . It is quite a common problem leading to hormonal disturbances in young females . Even if USG does not show any cysts PCOS cannot be excluded.
You need to see an endocrinologist for this problem He will be helpful in resolving the issue .
In my opinion generally Oral contraceptives are used in this having anti androgenic effects containing both oestrogen and progesterone . I think you should consult your doctor regarding taking Provera that I think is just progesterone . Please seek advise from endocrinologist . Weight loss is highly recommended for you .
I am XXXXXXX I was very confused when my GP said my pelvic ultrasound is Normal but my gynaecologist told me there is little little cyst but nothing is serious so what does it indicate? And then she told me I got a hormonal disorder so is that include in pcos .so I got pcos that's what she said do you think I should consult endocrinologist and one more is provera tablet is 100%effective if not then then can you tell me the good effective tablet please
I told you that its not essential to have cyst in PCOS . It can be present even if cyst is not there . Do you have any hair loss or hirsutism problem ? Kindly let me know .
For prescribing any drug diagnosis needs to be established .
You need to see an endocrinologist to first determine whether it is PCOS or not because may other condition like hypothyroidism alos mimic these .
Even if it turns out to be pcos it depends which hormones are affected and accordingly your treatment will be tailored . Any pill cannot be prescribed like this .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Orange colored blood with menstrual cycles hormonal imbalance
- Irregular periods delayed periods prolonged menstrual cycles light bleeding causes
- Safe periods in menstrual cycle
- Menstrual cycle fertile period
- Menstrual cycle fasting blood test
- Hormones involved in menstrual cycle
- Menstrual cycle problems no period
- Hormones during menstrual cycle
- Life expectancy of a menstrual cycle
- Hormones menstrual cycle graph
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...