Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Having injured elbow and back. Having pain in shoulders. Diagnosed bileteral spraspinatus tenditis and adhesive capsulitis. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
Hello dr.Luchuo Engelbert Bain
I did contact you in march 11 and few more doctors on this site diferent speshialiti from all of them (i did so many test and doctors appoitments after contact with you doctors)your answer wos prity mach reality todey it showing you are the best .
My GP doctor jast reffer me to reumatologist (they posibly think i may have fibromalgija to)my cervical spine mri scan is not in perfect showing i will write all of that to you bat not before you answering me one this one i nead to no what is the best question for reumatologist and after i sent you my test's if you can tell me wich happen frst my spine problem or shoulder problem.i will write you from start of my problem and i will be so happy at point if you can have some great answers for me like you did last time.Thank you.Your's truly E.I.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 23 hours later
Hi and thanks for the detailed explanation,

The results presented by the results of the MRI are certainly not due to trauma or something. Discophyta are growths that come out of specific regions of spinal bones ( vertebrae) and the narrowing of the spinal foramina actually have no traumatic origin. These lesions usually might be asymptomatic (no symptoms but do become symptomatic with age or some stimulating factor). There are people in the general population with these lesions who really do never present with any pain or nerve damage. The intensity of the pain or symptoms depends on the degree of nerve compression and intensity of narrowing of the foramina.

Bilateral supraspinatus tendinitis and adhesive capsulitis might actually have nothing to do with the spine. An appropriate diagnosis with a rheumatologist of very necessary. Physiotherapy could be of utmost help. Intracapsular injections of Calcitonine are very helpful under these circumstances in case your rheumatologist confirms this diagnosis.

With respect to the discophyata and narrowing foramina, they can be present and not cause symptoms. To attribute the pain to any of these, a perfect neurological examination is very necessary. I strongly think it deserves the expertise of a NEUROSURGEON. Book appointments for a Rheumatologist and a Neurosurgeon. I suggest you also do an electrolyte panel for Calcium levels, Magnesium, Potassium and Sodium. Measuring blood Calcium and Vitamin D levels could be important.

While waiting, You might use a gastric sparing anti inflammatory drug (Cyclo oxygenase inhibitor), an analgesic like Acetaminophen and a local anti inflammatory drug, like Diclofenac coupled with physiotherapy till you XXXXXXX your rheumatologist and Neurosurgeon could be helpful.

Thanks and will be glad answering further specific questions if need be. Wishing you good health. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having injured elbow and back. Having pain in shoulders. Diagnosed bileteral spraspinatus tenditis and adhesive capsulitis. Remedy? 10 hours later
Hello doctor thank you for giving me answers for my problems.what is mean these lissons are usually asymptomatic no simtoms bat can came with age or some stimulating factor what you think abaut stimulating factor?
May frst 4 fingers are so afected in both hands right more i have pince and namboling tru hole hands and fingers little one is horobole with pins and na..
Sometimes i jast tach to rest my hands beaside my body in sofa once i lend them they will go all in pins and lots of mascule spasam had to this is oll hapening since february may shoulder problem start in XXXXXXX last year i had fall in year 2011 bat not lots problem after this one you can tell i wos healty perfectly beafore all of this.
Also you think it is posibole to have surgical realive of my prblem (spine problem).Thank you. Your's truly E.I.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the questions.

Asymptomatic means some people have the health condition but never experience any signs or symptoms of disease.

The symptoms you experience in your fingers are an indication that there is already nerve compression or destruction at the level of the nerve trunks that supply the regions of your hands. The nerves that supply your hands actually originate from your spine and is called the brachial plexus. Spinal degenerative disease of growths can cause like sensations, which to me , are very compatible with what you are experiencing. Muscle spasms could also be explained by these. But common causes of muscle spasm like low Calcium levels, Low Vitamin D levels and low Magnesium levels in blood must be screened for and excluded too during the diagnostic work up.

The treatment usually from the beginning could be medical. With the expertise of the Neurosurgeon, a careful examination to identify the area of compression, could lead to surgery and release of the nerve being compressed leading to a great relief and at times definitive treatment. It is at the discretion of the neurosurgeon to start with medical treatment, or to proceed directly to surgical treatment.

I still suggest its a brilliant idea top have a consultation with your Neurosurgeon, and the rheumatologist. Both to me are of great importance. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having injured elbow and back. Having pain in shoulders. Diagnosed bileteral spraspinatus tenditis and adhesive capsulitis. Remedy? 5 hours later
Hello doctor! You ara apsolutly right i try to tell my gp( famely doctor) to maby i have brachial plexus or Tos- syndrom my shoulder and all right arm is like peace of hevy metal ,moshen limited totaly , pins in last 2fingers,3frst so painful and hand swolen,originaly injury wos hiting shoulder with other body beafore that locking same one,other hand after caple months get same symptoms(wich one wos interesting bat maby i use her to help right hand) jast 50 procent less and i had olmost full exstending wich i have no with right one even todey after 3 monts agressive fisiotherapy she is still very bad( 20 procent recover in exstending)reason i stop to work is i could not anymore push or pull anything with my fingers in both hands ,shoulder,elbow and wrist big time trabole,my left recover since i dont working jast fingers and wrist still problems she did not have any therapy .
She sent me at neurologist after i go for ultrasaund of wrist wos poibole carpel tunel syndrom he check me up on one mashine he said your nervs are jast dont have brachial plexus after i went to mri of spine it shows like i wrote urlier to you,then i go to eye specialist i notice my eye leed faling more XXXXXXX bothering me on right eye she said maby you have shoulder problem i should sent you back to neurologist she did reffer me.I told that to my gp doctor she said no he olredy test you for brachial plexus you dont have that and she said on the end eye speshialist said it is " possibole "she did not say you have it,i told my gp that he also said my nervs are ok. After mri shows they are not ok like my feelings in hands i also told her maby that mashine feild can happen nothing is perfect on end a call neurologist sekretary told her all abaut she said neurologist asking to sent to him mri of spine i did on tusday this week please her to get me back i have problems she said no wory since then nobady call me.I ask my famely back in march to give me reumatologist to help me when i contact you she did not give me refferal.I ask agein 3 weeks ago she gave me one bat when I resrch that reumatologist dont take you in time 3 to 6 months then one my frend gave me his reumatologist name he said he is in good standing with same he will call me right awey,i did go to my gp on this past monday told her i have name for new reumatologist he will take me and told her that her reumatologist still did not call back she said she sent her request for more information abaut me i said anyway sent to this one to then any one frst call i will go. That is all abaut my lack or not lack with doctors ," what is your opinion abaut all of this " -if i ever get reumatologist i will tell her or him all hopuly she or he will get me in good manegment program.
I tank you from botom of my heart.

I forgot to write you abaut eye doctor full diagnosis " possibole horner-syndrom"on right eye.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 7 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Horner's syndrome if actually present could reflect a problem at the level of the neck with nerves called sympathetic nerves. It could be associated with dropping of the eye lid on this side, pupil constricting and reduced sweating on this side. Tumors,dilation of blood vessels are common causes.

I understand it might be very difficult to cope with such a situation, or with opinions from too many physicians at a Time. But, I would pray and advise you that to the best of m y knowledge, and for your utmost interest at this point in time, what you need most now is a NEUROSURGEON, not and neurologist, but a NEUROSURGEON's opinion, and the opinion later of a rheumatologist. The neurosurgeon shall diagnose the nerve compression (brachial plexus) if present, confirm or refute Horner's syndrome while searching for a possible causes, and propose an appropriate management option based on these findings. Its after these consultations and reevaluation that a clear way forward could be very reasonable and for sure successful.

I hope to have answered your questions, but feel free asking any specific questions if I neglected or forgot any of your particular concerns. Kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor