Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Having infective rash on perineum. What could be this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
What would i use to get rid of it just standard antibiotics?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for your reply.

Does that rash itch?
Since how long has it been there?
Are you talking of a rash in the groin region or around the anus?

Normally a rash in the groin region is caused by fungal infection. And local antifungal creams would take care of such rashes in a few weeks. Antifungal creams are available over the counter at most location; if not, you can consider consulting your doctor.

Keeping the area dry is important. Moisture helps in fungal infection.
Change your under garments at a regular basis.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor