Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having infectious feeling after masturbation. Thyroid was high and taking vitamin D supplement. Suggest the cure?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
I've seen from the first opinion family doctor for one year to the second oponion family doctor that is for another one year to my current third opinion family doctor who I currently have seen for approximately three years for my same one symptom situation. All of the first opinion and the second opinion doctor and even my current third opinion, who I saw my current third opinion doctor for apprx. three years already, all of them told me straight that they don't know how to cure my symptom.

I had a symptom for the past five years, which it all started when I ate one months of lunch with my mother in March, 2009, and my symptom begins in mid-May to August, 2009 for ever since for five years. After my symptom began in August, 2009, then I asked my mother and she did told me that she stopped her Hepatatitis medication for one month in March, 2009 because her insurance got discontinued, but she told me she did took her medication medication back after stopped it for one month.

My symptom is since mid-May to August, 2009 and happened ever since for five years until now is still happening is that after I masturbate, then I would feel an infectious very bad feeling in the body, and then I would sleep for more than 13 to 14 hours and that was in 2009. Every year it increases, in 2010 when I masturbate, then again, I would have a very bad infectious feeling in my body and that feeling is very bad in the body, and I would sleep for more than 15 to 16 hours in 2010. Then, in 2011, it increases again, in 2011, after I masturbate, I would have an even worse infectious feeling very bad feeling in the body, and I would sleep for more than 24 hours. There's once I slept for more than 35 to 40 hours in 2012.

For example, after I masturbate last night, I would immediately have an very infectious feeling, which is a very awful feeling in my body, and then I fell asleep and just cannot get up all due to that "infectious feeling".

My first opinion family doctor and my second opinion family doctor and my third opinion family doctor all did blood test, and they all tell me that my blood test shows that I do not have Hepatatitis A, B, or C, and my blood test is normal. They said my blood test didn't show anything.

My current third opinion doctor who I current see for three years, he said my blood test is normal, I do not have Hepatatitis A, B, nor C. My ultrasound shows that I had fatty liver one year ago, my my second ultrasound four months ago, shows that my fatty liver disapeared. So, my fatty liver disapeared. He said recently that my blood test, the only thing that it shows is that my Vitamin D is very bad, so he prescribed to me a Vitamin D medicine that is 50,000 IU to be taken once per week for total of four weeks. I already finished taking that Vitamin D once per week for total of four weeks, and I finished it, although it increase just a tiny bit energy, but it didn't get rid of my sypmtom that I just described above. My current 3rd opinion doctor also want me to go take a retest on blood test on my thyroid because it's a little bit high, but that's not related to my symptom which I had just described above.

My current third opinion doctor had already last year referred me to an urologist and a hormone doctor and both of the urologist and the hormone doctor referred me back to my family doctor saying that my family doctor should be able to solve this problem. Then, my family doctor referred me to my own psychiatrist, but my psychiatrist told me that this is an internalist problem and referred me back to my family doctor, and then my family doctor referred me back to my psychiatrist, and then my psychiatrist had firmlly said at least 4 to 5 times that this ia an internalist problem, and referred me back to my family doctor.

Then, my family doctor told me that he don't know how to solve this problem.

Also, since my family doctor have all my tests and he is the most suitable family doctor for me right now, so I feel comfortable seeing and staying with this current third opinion family doctor, so no matter what I will not changed my family doctor unless it is absolutely in an emergency.

My family doctor did told me this months that when he referred me to the urologist last year, he said the urologist ought to have already solved this problem, but that urologist referred me back to him, the family doctor, that's what the family doctor said this month.

How do I cure this symptom, I feel awful!
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Post Orgasmic Illness Sydnrome

Detailed Answer:
There has been recognized a condition known as Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome in recent years, which describes symptoms similar to what you have described.
Sufferers say that they experience something like a flu with myalgia (bodyaches), and feel drained after climaxing.
I have learnt that a psychiatrist (in Amsterdam, I think) by name of Dr Waldinger is the authority on this illness. He almost certainly will not be known to the general public or even to specialists unless they practice in this field. Since you seem to be under the care of a psychiatrist, you can request him to check up this condition, and also see if you can arrange for a suitable treatment (if required after consultation with the appropriate experts who are likely to be available near your place( because no standard guidelines exist as of now.
I have only seen two cases in the last seven years who have similar illness but i think it was because of ignorance of this condition. I have recently learnt through a patient that there is an online support forum for people who suffer from this condition.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having infectious feeling after masturbation. Thyroid was high and taking vitamin D supplement. Suggest the cure? 50 minutes later
If my psychiatrist say to me that this is an internalist problem, then can I go to my family doctor again and ask him about this and maybe refer to me a specialist in this field?
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try, but most likely will not be useful

Detailed Answer:
There apparently are people working on this full time, and there are now departments of Neurosexology in some univeristies! I myself need to check online where these are located in USA, and my sincere suggestion is that you also do that rather than waste time with physicians who might be well meaning but are inadequately informed about the condition, and as in your case, might dub it as functional as has seemingly happened so far.
Unfortunately, this is a condition about which most people are still unfamiliar In USA, and the Europeans are well ahead in research. The experts are I think in Netherlands, and in Uppsala Univ in Scandinavia, but I have no definite details as of now, but should I come across more material, I shall let you know the details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having infectious feeling after masturbation. Thyroid was high and taking vitamin D supplement. Suggest the cure? 7 hours later
I will search for that, and don't even know if my insurance would cover that, but I'll definitely look into that. But, I'm leaving the country on a trip in a month and a half and I don't know if I can find a doctor in that in time and I also don't know if my country Taiwan that I'm going to have a doctor in that. I don't have the translation of this P.O.I.S. in Chinese.

By the way, I want to tell you and ask you that I went to an online support forum for the P.O.I.S. and it says that many reported that Niacin will get rid 80% to 100% or P.O.I.S.

I didn't take that as high dosage of Niacin as that site recommended, but today I went and bought a bottle of 100 mg Niacin and I just started take 1 tablet of this 100 mg Niacin and I like the effect.

I'm already take a Theragan M multivitamin every morning which already have 20 mg of Niaxin, but this multivitamin don't make me feel any better.

When I started taking this one extra tablet of 100 mg Niacin today, I like its effect.

My current family doctor did told me before that I'm O.K. with taking the over the counter, he said I can take the over the counter.

I will bring this Niacin 100mg bottle to him next week Tues. and ask him if I can take it also tell him my concern while in the meantime I will also definitely search online too myself on those doctors in my country for P.O.I.S.

I want to ask you that do you think that it is O.K. that I can take the Niacin 100 mg one tablet per day, and what bad effect it will have on me, and if I take it for long term, will it be harmful to my body? (Note that I'm already taking Theragan M multivitamin one tablet everyday in the morning as well as well as taking B1 100mg and B6 25mg.) This is my question.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Niacin XXXXXXX at high doses, please be careful

Detailed Answer:
If you are feeling improvement with Niacin, that's great, but at the dose which you seem to take, you might have to add an aspirin tab and only after meals to reduce flushing and dyspepsia.
It also can cause other problems, and therefore I suggest you either lower the dose or take it under medical supervision only. For example, liver could get affected, and therefore periodic liver function monitoring is required.
It is good that you are taking the other multivitamin supplement, as you could develop vitamin imbalance with only Niacin intake.
Hope you improve soon,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having infectious feeling after masturbation. Thyroid was high and taking vitamin D supplement. Suggest the cure? 2 days later
I have two questions.

1.) For Niacin, although my family doctor said that I can take it, but I need to monitor my liver function every two to three months, therefore I don't feel safe taking it and I'm going to stop taking it.

Right now I'm started to try and take the Omega Q Plus with Resveratrol supplement and I'll see how I feel with it.

My first question is that is there any supplement that you can recommend me to take for POIS, so that I wouldn't be lost in the sea on this?

2.) My family doctor said that although he cannot cure this problem of POIS, he strongly suggest me to stop masturbate. My question is that is there anything I can take that I can buy over the counter or off the shelf that can "aid" me in stop my journey of stop masturbate?

I indeed true have came across some drinks and other over the counter that can help me in stop masturbate, but beside those over the counter, which doesn't work as well, one of those fruit juice drink have an ingredient that the United States don't sell.

Therefore, I want to ask you if you can recommend to me any thing that I can buy here that can "aid" me in stop masturbate.

I have strongly determined that I want to quit masturbate permanently, but I just lack the tool.

(Also, forget about going to my psychiatrist to ask for my psychiatrist medicine to help me stop masturbate because I have already tried my psychiatrist medicine to do that, and the result for that is that it doesn't work plus it made my body very very awful, therefore both me and my psychiatrist have determined that I do not need any psychiatric medicine to help me stop masturbate. We have determined that I can look at over the counter or natural things to help me stop masturbate bottom line.)

Please help me recommend me anything that I can buy myself to "aid" me to stop masturbate. If you don't have anything, then can you as well recommend if there's any other specialty in this HealthMagic site that can recommend me anything to help me stop masturbate, please tell me the name of the the specialty that I can ask it to? Or, just you can recommend something to me yourself.

I truthfully have seen and know for a fact that over the counter or just natural stuff can "aid" some people such as myself to stop masturbate, but I just need recommendation of what it is.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No magic pill to help you stop masturbation

Detailed Answer:
I am not aware of any magic pill that will help people stop masturbation. There are pills that reduce your libido, but I am sure you would not need or want them (these are in fact prescribed in men who are serial offenders). These over-the-counter pills that are available for this purpose everywhere help only the manufacturers get rid of junk, and as of today, i have not seen any one patient benefit from these medications for the purpose you have medntioned.
So as of now, you could try to improve your willpower (Try Yoga / Tai-Chi). these actually do work to some extent, but do not expect miracles.
I am not aware of any doctor on healthcare magic (or any other forum for that matter) who can help you, but I suggest you put up your problem for the site admin and see if they suggest someone to help you specifically in abstinence from masturbation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor