Having increased heart rate and shortness of breath. Could this be pots or an electrical issue?
Tachycardia & asthma.
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
If I were the treating doctor of this severe case of heart beat ,I would come up with these possibilities, these includes.
1 Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia , may be due to acute asthma, coronary Artery Disease , pulmonary embolism, THYROTOXICOSIS ,digitalis induced . Diagnosis can be confirmed by E C HO , treadmill test , tilt table test ( you mentioned ).In this condition even change of position increase the heart rate.
Heart rate is between 140-240 / minute & REGULAR . It starts and ceases abruptly.
2 Paroxysmal Ventricular Tachycardia is defined as the occurennce of 3 or more ventricular paroxysmal beats at a rate of more than 100 beats / minute.
Diagnosis can be confirmed by ekg , echo .
3 Cardiac asthma , diagnosis can be confirmed by physical as well as clinical examination .
4 Congenital heart disease , rule out with physical examination by a cardiologist.
In my opinion consult a cardiologist and get his opinion. If further any question I will reply. Good luck. Dr. HET.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Increased heart rate with deep breath
- Increased heart rate at night deep breaths
- Holding your breathe increase heart rate
- What could be the cause of increased heart rate
- Does deep heavy breathing increase heart rate
- Is increased heart rate and breathing a side effect of donepezil?
- Inhalation increases heart rate
- Increased heart rate smoking pot
- Trouble breathing and increased heart rate during pregnancy
- What could cause increased heart rate in the night
- Having pain during urination. Is it due to kidney stones?
- Can IPV injection site cause any reaction?
- Having recurring fever, itchy throat and runny nose. Take odoxit and...
- Have skin lesions on forearms. Mildly itchy, whitish and flakish in...
- Having swollen and itchy knees. Prescribed prednisone and doxycycline....
- Had family planing operation done. Care to take and how many days to...
- Child's tongue color has changed to orange, gets frequent stomach and...
- Has bump in throat. What can it be?
- Tests showed low MCV and CO2 levels. Should I try to get the normal levels?
- Having persistent cough with mucus. Have asthama. Guide