Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Having hole in ear drum and fluid draining from ear. Should I consult ENT specialist?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Went to the hospital they gave me pain meds but did not know how to treat a ear with a hole in the drum and inside it is coated with white. Fluid is draining from my ear. Should I call my ENT it is Sunday?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You have got Acute Otitis Media, that is a severe infection of the middle ear.
This leads to inflammation and increased local pressure so has resultant pain and caused the tympanic membrane perforation.
Or you might have a recurrence of the any of the diseases you have mentioned.
You should visit the ENT doctor on urgent basis- who would do a local cleaning like removing wax and pus and prescribe you the antibiotics, meanwhile take the pain killers off-course and rest in bed with affected ear facing down so to drain as much fluid as possible.
Please get these investigations and if you like, inform me in a Fresh Query / Follow up Query for further fine tuned opinion
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor