Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Having high fever and bad headaches, metallic taste in mouth, cannot eat. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 554 Questions
Hi i have been having high fever and bad headaches on my forehead for five days now. I also notived a metallic taste in my mouth and out my pores. I normally dont have a temperature when i am ill. I cant eat because it does not taste like anything it worries me a lot and i only wish to getting better. I also feel very tired and i have no strength. Thank you for helping
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

High fever and headaches may be sign of many diseases usually infectious one like meningitis, sinus infection, ear infections, Urinary tract infections, malaria etc. A high grade fever may itself cause headache due to inside blood vessels dilatation and similar is the loss of taste too.

I think you must go for certain blood tests like complete blood count and peripheral blood smear examination, X-rays of chest and paranasal sinuses, Urine for routine microscopy.

One thing you must do is try to touch your chest with your chin. If you feel it too rigid to touch probably you have meningitis, then rush to the doctor.

For high fever, antipyretics like paracetamol 500 mg can be taken, frequency should not be lesser than 4 hrs. Take plenty of fluids and if needed oral rehydration solution will also help. Try to take small frequent meals.

Further and definitive workup will depend on advised lab tests.

Best wishes.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor