Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having heavy head and eyes, told to have dry eyes. Had X-ray for blocked nostrils and fever. Findings?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 2105 Questions


I am been having this heavy head and heavy eyes(heavy eyelids) since 1-2 yrs.
consulted 3-4eye specialists all they said was dry eyes (earlier I was an IT engineer).

But Since one of my nostrils was always blocked in the morning after waking up.
During recent spells of fever (a month ago ) , I discussed tis with a physician who prescribed a RNS x-ray whose report states :
. The doctor has prescribed montair LC for 2 months .
Is it ok .

could you please advise if headache and eye heaviness could be due to same.Also should I consult a specialist (ENT) or a Neurosurgeon or its not required.(since heavy head has been since 2 yrs)
Also home remedies(exercise) if any. I have trying to take steam from hot water and also warmin the face wit warm water.(since 1 day)

Also I had B12 Deficiency 2.5 months back for which I am takin Nurokind OD (mecobalamin Injection as well).

Many Thanks
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cause of symptoms is sinusitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms of heaviness in eyes, headache and nasal congestion is due to chronic sinusitis.

Your doctor has prescribed Montair-LC. It contains an antihistamine levocetirizine and montelukast. In my opinion a decongestant like phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine can also be added for few days for a better relief from your symptoms. One or two drops of nasal drops containing Xylometazoline is also beneficial.
You can discuss with your treating doctor about it. An opinion from ENT specialist will be better.

Steam inhalation will be helpful in relief of your symptoms. Drinking hot ginger tea is also helpful.

It will be more helpful if you mention the value of your Vitamin B12. Nurokind OD and mecobalamin injection will help in increasing Vitamin B12.
Foods like meat, liver, fish, eggs,etc also contain Vitamin B12.

Dryness in eyes can be treated with artificial tears drop which act as lubricant in eyes. Also avoid working on computers for long durations. Eyes blink less when working on computers. Also give rest to your eyes in between.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having heavy head and eyes, told to have dry eyes. Had X-ray for blocked nostrils and fever. Findings? 47 minutes later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for a quick reply, Since I have quit my job so working long hours on computer is no issue, Also for dry eyes I have used 2-3 tubes of CCS eye drops (last consultation for dry eyes was 6 months ago).

So sir what should i do, consult a specialist (ENT) or go on taking montair-Lc and wait fr results.
(Because a specialist would cause a fresh bout of fees and all ).
To add , I don't have any visible nasal congestion during day ours(Only when I wake up).
Also I have myopia (power around 4 and 5 in both eyes)

Also I have a nasal spray(my dad had) namely nasivion (Oxymetazoline hydrocloride ). Sould I use that.(but there's no appreciable conestion).

The only concerning thing is headache and heavy eyes(2 yrs).
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should can continue with medicines.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for providing more information.

I hope you had your eyes examined recently. Since you are using lens which have power towards higher side, you should first get it checked. Change in power of eye lens can result in both headache and heavy eyes.
Also get your blood pressure monitored.

You can continue the medicines for few days and see the result.
If your lens power has not changed or even after continuing medicines for few days there is no relief, you can consult an ENT specialist for clinical examination.

You can use the nasal spray whenever significant nasal congestion is there.

I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor