Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Having hair growth on stomach, breast, face. Medicine to take?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
needs insightHi, i am a 19 year old black female, and I have a very embarassing problem. I grow (a lot of) hair on my breasts and stomach! I also grow hair on my chin/upper lip and sideburns(the facial hair runs in my family) i have been growing this hair since age 10!(around the time i started my monthly cycle) aside from shaving/waxing/depilatories, is there a medication that can stop this embarassing hair growth?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 48 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

There are several likely causes - it is probably inherited, as you point out.
The best option is to see an ENDOCRINOLOGIST (Hormone Specialist) - for relevant investigations and help.

DERMATOLOGIST is another option - they are the specialists for skin, nail and hair.
Electrolysis helps to remove permanently - long and laborious, but beneficial.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor