Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Having hair fall problem. Suggest measures to overcome this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Dear Doc

I have attached pic for the reference. Kindly suggest some remedy for the same. I am also having hair fall problem from last 6-7 months. Kindly suggest some treatment for that as well.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 7 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
There could be any cause for hair fall like male pattern baldness, telogen effluvium or localized causes like dandruff etc
I would like to know
Since how long are you having hair fall
Pattern of hair fall - frontal temporal crown or diffuse hair fall or patchy hair fall i.e. coin shaped round patches of hair loss
Onset acute or gradual
History of hair fall in family like father mother uncles or grand parents
Any underlying cause like stress, illness like jaundice, dengue, malaria, typhoid. Any history of surgery, anemia, thyroid disorder etc
Any localized cause like dandruff, psoriasis or boils over scalp.

Answering these queries would help in suggesting a probable diagnosis and treatment.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

PS no image was uploaded with query (though you mentioned the same)

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor