Having gastrointestinal problems. Having headache, tiredness, dizziness and unable to sleep

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I have been having gastro intestinal problems for almost 3 months now. I was tested with H pilori, took prevpac with no reel improvement. Recently I have not been able to sleep at night because I feel very tired, dizzy, like my brain is frozen. it start as soon as I lay on the bed and progresses slowly. I feel like there is something coming from my stomac and moving to my head. I have headache and my feet and arms are very painfull. I am therefor unable to sleep. what may it be and how can i do?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 30 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to Healthcaremagig forum.

Let me know your associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ excessive flatulence/ gurgling sound in abdomen?
Do you have some sort of stress or excessive thinking process?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of functional dyspepsia with generalised anxiety disorders.
Presence of abdominal symptoms along with weird vague symptoms suggests the diagnosis.

Have you undergone endoscopy and urea breath test for H. Pylori previously?

Helicobacter pylori is responsible for peptic ulcer disease with variable abdominal complaints.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for endoscopy and urea breath test for the concerned bacteria, if not gone previously.
You should also go for complete blood count, thyroid profile, blood sugar and ultrasound imaging studies.

You should take specific therapy against H. Pylori, if all relevant investigation are found to be positive.

If Urea breath test is found to be negative and your condition won't improve after taking proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics, then you should consult with psychiatrist also.

Low doses of tricyclic antidepressants and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) could be beneficial for you.
Apart from medicine, behavioral therapy may also be helpful for you.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow up: Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
yes I have undergone endoscopy, Ultrasound and CT scan but nothing came out apart the H pylori. No ulcer was found. I am having belching, abdominal discomfort, some flatulence, gurgling sound in abdomen. I took already the treatment for H pylori but haven't taken the breath test .
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 hours later
Let me know the treatment taken by you for H. Pylori bacteria.
You should take repeat treatment for H. pylori.
You should also take tricyclic antidepressants and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI).
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava