Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Having gastric problem, passing stools after meals. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Am 30yr old ml. Am having gastric problems. I fell like passing motion after each meal. This tendency has been there for several yrs. And for the past 4 months am having gastric troubles. Now gas is expelled by farting, which is very inconvinient.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 54 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

There could be many reasons for your complaints like:

>Infection in intestine
>Irritable bowel syndrome: where intestine is hyperactive
> Deficiency of digestive juices
>Erratic food habits etc.

First of all please visit a physician for same and get your self examined.

You may need investigations like:
Stool examination
Ultrasound of abdomen
Blood counts
Endoscopy etc.

Your doctor will decide about them after examination.

In mean time please do following which should help.

>Take light diet; avoid large meals at a time.
>Plan your diet properly; avoid fasting and large quantity at a time
>Drink plenty of fluids
>Avoid junk foods, take foods XXXXXXX in fibers.
>Chew your food properly.
>Avoid fried foods, fermented items and soft drinks.
>Have good sleep, avoid anxiety and do regular exercise.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you good health.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having gastric problem, passing stools after meals. Remedy? 7 minutes later
Should I consult a general medicine or a gastro? Does drinking toomuch water cause this? I drink more than 12 cups a day.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 36 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Drinking more water can not lead to this.

First of all for general check up please visit a general physician,there after in case of special investigation like Endoscopy gastrophysician will be involved.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor