Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Having gas problem and feeling uncomfortable. Easy way to get cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
I am having gas and feeling uncomfortable. Bowl movement is also regular.
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

You are feeling uncomfortable and gas in stomach. Looking to your age, it would be prudent to get an ECG to rule out any heart problem. Sometime, heart ailment present as abdominal discomfort.

If ECG is normal, then cause could be acid peptic disorder which can be treated by antacids, H2 Blockers (Aciloc) and PPI like Omeparazole.

If your symptoms do not improve endoscopy may be planned after consulting Physician.

Meanwhile, please do the following.
1. Have meals at regular times.
2. Avoid spicy and oily food.
3. Do stress relaxation techniques like yoga.
4. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet.
5. Drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day.

Hope this information is helpful to you and please do inform about progress.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor