Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having friction burns on foreskin. How to distinguish between friction burns on the penis or herpes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 624 Questions
How can I distinguish between friction burns on the penis or herpes? I have what looks like friction burns on my foreskin but want to rule out herpes. I had no bumps or other lesions before noticing the friction burns.
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 36 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Genital Herpes is generally associated with fever and recurrent bouts of small blisters/vesicles which break down to form painful ulcers.

Though it can be a result of friction, but other sexually transmitted disease can also cause ulcer on penis.

As it requires examination and investigation, you should consult a Skin & V.D. specialist at your earliest for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment.

If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor