Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Having friction burn scars on penis. Is there any way to get rid of them?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I have friction burn scars on my penis. Is there any way to get rid of them?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 25 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
Do you practicing masturbation regularly?
Hard sex and frequent masturbation may cause dryness with friction on penile skin.
It doesn't indicate any infection and you need not any antibiotic or antiviral therapy.
The body has an amazing capacity to heal itself. Just leave it alone as much as you can and let it heal.
You can apply lubricant cold cream, Vaseline.
If you stop masturbation and sex for coming few days then it will help automatically.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having friction burn scars on penis. Is there any way to get rid of them? 1 hour later
Once a day usually.

I have stopped for a week or so before. It doesn't seem to go away much.
So if I stop for a while and apply cream it should help?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Recovery of any injury varies person to person.
If your condition didn't improve previously, then you should give time for recovery.
You should apply Vaseline with lubricants for faster recovery.
Kindly avoid brisk masturbation.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor