Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Having frequent urination, pain below ribcage and sleeplessness night. Diagnosed with gallstone. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 442 Questions
Hi i was diagnosed with one calcified gallstone of 5.5 mm with multiple polyps 15 days back. I was having pain for quite a few months. I have also frothy white sputum from my mouth. Also i do have urinary frequency and some times enuresis (no passage of urine). My stomach also is bulged most of the time. I had also a kidney stone in the left lower pole of the left kidney (5.4 mm). both at the same time. Now i am in constant pain, pins and needle sensation below my right ribcage. Please anybody help me. I have a lot of leg edema also. All tests turned out normal and the doc says everything is fine. I am unable to sleep also. Almost all nights i am awake. Please anybody help me.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

You have a lot of problems which cannot be explained by a single disease process.

1. Gall stone of 5.5 mm and presence of gall bladder polyp might need surgery to remove gall bladder with biopsy. Presence of gall bladder polyp is concerning and cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) would be a good option.

2. Gall stones can produce flatulence, dyspepsia leading to bulging of stomach. So consult with a surgeon for further managements of your gall stones.

3. Renal stones with frequency of urination suggest UTI). As you also complain of bilateral pedal edema your renal functions also need to be assessed. You need to do blood for urea, creatinine, and urine routine examination and if needed you may have to do a DTPA scan to assess renal functions.

As you mentioned you already have some tests done, I would like go through them. Do upload the reports using the feature available on this web page.

Waiting for your reports.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor