Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Having fordyce spots. Tested negative for STD. Looking for second opinion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
recently had std test and came up negative, heard these spots are Fordyce's spots. wanted a second opinion, there painless and seem to shrink and disappear at times. especially after swimming in a pool treated with chemicals. I had sexual intercourse the other night and it was very tight almost like tearing to a point
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Your penis and surrounding lesions do not seem to be Fordyce spots but I can see a reddish halo around them and Fordyce spots are essentially inflammation and pain free. They are natural but ectopic sebum glands only.
It appears like you are having local moist conditions, like sweating, moist working environment etc.
I would like you to wear cotton under garments and ensure you are absolutely dry there all the time, if you bath, immediately wipe and dry this area first.
Use a medicated dusting powder that contains salicylic acid, borate, miconazole/clotrimazole and talc twice a day till the problem subside.
With bath the visuality of the spots changes and not the actual size or severity.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor