Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Having fever, sore throat and body ache. Back hurts while urinating. What could be wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I am female 18 years old an have a fever of 102.5 i have a sore throat headache body aches and my back hurts when i pee whats wrong with me?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
urinalysis, urine culture and throat examaination,

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It is difficult to associate the sore throat symptoms to the difficulties to pee.

I strongly suggest you get a careful examination of your throat for appropriate treatment. Generally, Bacteria (streptococci) are the commonest agents and appropriate treatment with Penicillin V for 10 days is sufficient. Failure to respond to empirical treatment then might require a throat swab and culture to identify the causative germ and know the antibiotics that can treat the germs. It is not uncommon to find bacteria resistant to common antibiotics. Associating analgesics to these treatment to reduce pain and fever could be helpful. In case you do develop frequent sore throat episodes, irrespective of appropriate therapy might deserve surgical management. This decision however is well justified with a good consultation with an ENt specialist.

Pain in peeing is the main manifestations of a the urinary tract, but it is extremely rare. I suggest a urine analysis be carried out, examination of cells in the urine, urine and culture and sensitivity tests be done. This shall permit identification of germ causing a probable urinary tract infection, and the antibiotic that could provide complete cure. Failure to ascertain a urinary tract infection could lead to evaluation of rare causes of difficulties to pee like strictures and urinary or kidney stones.

I strongly suggest you consult your doctor for appropriate urine tests (urinalysis, culture and sensitivity tests) and examination of the throat. Thanks and kind regards. feel free asking follow up questions in case you got any specific concerns, I will be glad contributing as much as I can to your well being.

Bain LE, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor