Having fever, sore throat and body ache. Back hurts while urinating. What could be wrong?
urinalysis, urine culture and throat examaination,
Hi and thanks for the query,
It is difficult to associate the sore throat symptoms to the difficulties to pee.
I strongly suggest you get a careful examination of your throat for appropriate treatment. Generally, Bacteria (streptococci) are the commonest agents and appropriate treatment with Penicillin V for 10 days is sufficient. Failure to respond to empirical treatment then might require a throat swab and culture to identify the causative germ and know the antibiotics that can treat the germs. It is not uncommon to find bacteria resistant to common antibiotics. Associating analgesics to these treatment to reduce pain and fever could be helpful. In case you do develop frequent sore throat episodes, irrespective of appropriate therapy might deserve surgical management. This decision however is well justified with a good consultation with an ENt specialist.
Pain in peeing is the main manifestations of a the urinary tract, but it is extremely rare. I suggest a urine analysis be carried out, examination of cells in the urine, urine and culture and sensitivity tests be done. This shall permit identification of germ causing a probable urinary tract infection, and the antibiotic that could provide complete cure. Failure to ascertain a urinary tract infection could lead to evaluation of rare causes of difficulties to pee like strictures and urinary or kidney stones.
I strongly suggest you consult your doctor for appropriate urine tests (urinalysis, culture and sensitivity tests) and examination of the throat. Thanks and kind regards. feel free asking follow up questions in case you got any specific concerns, I will be glad contributing as much as I can to your well being.
Bain LE, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe body aches and sore throat
- Sore throat fever body aches mucus
- Sore throat ears hurts body aches
- Suffering from body aches and sore throat with fever
- What can be done for sore throat fever body ache
- Sore throat and body aches
- Symptoms: fever, shivering, sore throat, body aches
- Headache sore throat fever body ache nauseated
- Sore throat fever body aches green bm
- Sore throat body aches nausea
- Taking prilosec. Not anemic. Getting hair fall and muscle pain. What is...
- Taking medicine for migraine. Felt unconscious, confused and dizzy. What...
- Took azathioprine for crohn's disease. Trying to conceive. Should I stop...
- Having night sweats, swelling on neck and fever. What is the cause?
- Took AKT 2 during pregnancy. Baby and mother has ABO incompatibility....
- Taking flagyl metronidazole. Started getting headache. Side effect of...
- Have twisted spine, IBS and pain all over body. Taking clonazepam. Any...
- Have had tachycardia. Getting headache and nausea if cloth are tight...
- Child has low grade fever and puffy eyes. Mono test negative. What's wrong?
- Suffering from cold. History of ectopic heartbeats. Are they related?