Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Having fever and mild cough after working outside in hot temperature. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
I think i got to hot last week i work out side been being around 104 each day know every time i get home i start running fever and i have a mild XXXXXXX cough
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
It is really great that you have not seen a doctor (as a patient yourself) anytime before.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology.
I hope that you maintain the record of not seeing doctor for next 40 years also how that can happen we will come to that after we have tackled your present problem. It does not look serious to me. You have worked in where it is Indian Summer (104 degrees Fahrenheit temperature) what you have mildest form of sun stroke. Take a day off, have plenty of fluids and if you have temperature, pain or cough you can use over the counter medicines that is Tylenol (Paracetamol, 500 mg up to 4 tablets a day maximum. For cough if you are bringing out a lot of phlegm and/or you smoke then OTC cough expectorant along with warm saline gargles if you are bringing phlegm and you are non smoker OTC cough suppressant along with warm saline gargles. Lozenges for irritation in throat will help these should also be available OTC. Avoid exposure to direct heat and if you are still unwell after two days or your temperature crosses 101 degrees I am afraid you will have to see a doctor.

For long term, see doctor once so that he can do preventive health check up (like blood pressure and systemic examination) for other illnesses which may come with age, he may order few investigations like fasting blood sugar, cholesterol- lipid profile. Hopefully that should be all you would need for 5 years.

Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover, Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor