Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Having fever and infected sebaceous cyst near groin. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I think my boyfriend has a sebaceous cyst near his groin and it's infected and he has a fever what should I do?
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 21 minutes later
Hi Alanamiller,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Groin is a very unlikely area for the cysts.
Rather it could be a lymphadenopathy- enlarged lymph node due to infection down the leg some where.
Another possibility is that it's an inguinal hernia.
To be sure of diagnosis and get the required treatment you must take him to a physician and should be proactive about this to avoid complications.
I do not believe that it is a cyst.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor