Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having fever and body ache frequently. Cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 961 Questions
hi doctor, i am having feaver & body ache after each one month gap, this is happening with me from past two years.
i consult lot of doctors & multiple tests done but results remain always unknow.
pl help me , why i am having this
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

There are many possibilities of monthly fever, bodyaches.
To answer you more specifically, I would need to know what all tests were done and what is the treatment done so far.
It would greatly help if you could upload all your test reports here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

Since you smoke, I want to ask if:
You get cough, expectoration? (Many episodes are viral infections.)
Fever with breathlessness, sputum?
Fever comes with chills, rigors, nausea, vomiting?
Are there any (lymph node)swellings in the neck, arm-pits?
Is there weight loss?

I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having fever and body ache frequently. Cause? 51 minutes later
Dear Dr .,
Thanks for your quick reply. Herewith I am attaching my report for your ref. Since whatever symptoms you mentioned for fever are negative. I just always have body ache and feaver. Dats help
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 11 hours later
Thanks for the update.
Your tests which are basic only and normal. Not suggestive of acute infection at that time.

If recurrent, monthly fever and bodyache and no respiratory symptoms, you need more evaluation. ESR is only minimally elevated.

Differentials can be many.
Better get tested during fever and bodyaches.

You need CBC, LDH, CPK levels, urine routine, LFTs,blood culture during fever spike,Brucella antibodies, Xray chest, USG abdomen and pelvis, 2D echo heart, actual physical examination by a good experienced physician. You may seek an infectious disease consultant's opinion to look for chronic infections like chronic brucellosis, TB etc.

How is the fever usually? grade, chills? continuous or intermittent?
I there any rash or redness? Any bowel, bladder disturbance?
Is there any allergy like watering of eyes, sneezing?

I hope this helps.

Keep me posted on your progress and test reports at
Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor