Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Having fear to mingle with people, little inferiority due to dark skin and poor English. How do I improve my confidence?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 415 Questions
I have fear to mingle with people, groups, which is ruining my confident, how to improve my confident, some times I am more lethargic at work which is causing more error in the work, outside i may look like strict, prideful person but inside am calm, fearing for the issues and any problems is there any way to get along with people and increase my confident, I am also having little inferiority due to my black colour, my poor english in work place also my weaknesses
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
there are ways, detailed in answer

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

These symptoms may suggest therapy should help

I am available for further discussion
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having fear to mingle with people, little inferiority due to dark skin and poor English. How do I improve my confidence? 49 minutes later
Thanks for your reply, some times I am more loving and kind to all those around me forgiving in nature, some times when they take more advantages, I am getting more angry and all the good part they have done is gone, I tend to think everything they have done is wrong and Judging them on their negative and start avoiding them.

I am not sure whether its a social disorder or the personality behavior

Here my childhood:
I grew up for less confident mother who raised me in a very nuclear family avoiding all my relatives and friends, abused me in language, physical and emotionally many times for small mistake i did. i felt its better to go away from the house, after my post graduate education my confident raised due to my job and independent to stand

My father was also strict ex-service men who fear for society and live very calm life, but nothing he has done as father until my marriage, he failed in his responsibility that made me family is nothing

but after learning from the spiritual area and seeing many loving family i increased my confident in family life and married recently

Please suggest me which medication suitable for me and my behavior?
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Initially ssri group of drugs could be helpful

Detailed Answer:
I must thank you for the detailed childhood history

Usually children who are brought up in such environment are likely to have "anxious-avoidant personality" or "social anxiety"

Moreover, you mention that your father had social anxiety. This trait, is partly genetic, too

Usually, practically, difficult to differentiate both the condition

For the initial phase, you can use SSRI group of drugs like fluoxoetine, sertraline etc.

And then subsequently assertiveness training and social skill training should help

Consulting a psychiatrist and discussing all these issues would be ideal

Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor