Having extreme lower back pain with nausea, dizziness and fatigue. What is the reason behind these?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: Extreme lower back pain which is going down into my legs which feel numb/"asleep XXXXXXX Nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and incontinuity. I'm 20 what is this!? Please help :(
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms usually appears if there is spine problem (herniated spinal disc). It causes nerves compression and gives back pain radiating to the legs with numbness and superficial sensation disturbance. Nausea can also appear due to urinary tract stones. This pain appears suddenly, radiates to the lower abdomen and one side groin. Frequent urinating and pain during urinating appears.
It is advisable for you to go to ER and have check if the spinal compression is urgent. MRI should be performed. Abdominal ultrasound and urine analysis is also advisable.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.