Having dizziness when I stand up and lay down. This
Probably orthostatic hypertension, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to orthostatic hypertension.
It is a medical condition consisting of a sudden increase in blood pressure when a person stands up.
I recommend you to do regular measurements of the blood pressure to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, I recommend you to use Meclizine hydrochloride (Antivert) daily to reduce the spinning feeling.
I also recommend reducing salt in your diet.
For the headache you can use Acetaminophen three tablets a day.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?