Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having discomfort in chest region. Taking antibiotics for swollen lymph nodes. Suggest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1583 Questions
1 week ago I woke up with a swollen node right below my ear. it hurt to touch. 3 hours later I was sitting and I told my husband it felt like someone just sat on my chest. I moved around and it went away in less than a minute. I went to the dr. and got antibiotics for the swollen node Augmentin and forgot to mention the earlier chest pressure. I was fine the whole week but just this last sat I woke up and it felt like someone was lightly squeezing my heart on the left side in between my breasts. it lasted almost the whole day unless I did physical activity then I felt nothing it bothers me at rest but not activity. I'm 33 5'7 about 215 lbs I need to know if I should be worried if I should be doing something I don't have insurance
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 34 hours later
Brief Answer: Evaluation of the heart is needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, You're feeling chest discomfort for a brief period and it is recurring. In my opinion it is better to rule out any heart condition. In this situation I would record the blood pressure of the patient to rule out High blood pressure which is the commonest cause of chest discomfort. Treat with antihypertensive medicines if blood pressure is high. The patient needs to undergo Chest X ray, ECG and Echocardiogram to rule out any heart disease. Consultation with a Cardiologist is recommended. Without health insurance it will be difficult to do all this. Hope you understand the importance of the situation. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor