Having difficulty in sleeping at night after taking Vytorin. Side effect of medication?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I take Vytorin and have difficulty sleeping at night. Was just checking to see if this is a side effect for this medication.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes ma'am, it is a less common side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

Vytorin contains ezertimibe/simvastatin and does have the side effect of difficulty sleeping, but this is one of the less common side effects of the medication.

I hope this answers your query ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

God bless.