Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having diarrhea with mild body temperature after eating in mexican restaurant. Looking for cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
my mother has diarrea with a body temp of 91.5 What can I do for her. She is 74. She was feeling okay until after eating at a Mexican Restaurant.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
I am very sorry for your mother.
After eating in mexican restaurant,she has acquired infection.It can be bacterial,parasitic or mixed.
So,she developed diarrhoea.
Please give her Oral rehydration solution regularly through out the day.The instructions will be on the XXXXXXX
To combat infection,Antibioitics like Ofloxacin and Metronidazole has to be used.You should add a Pre and Probiotic capsule also.
If there is no response,add another antibiotic Rifaxamine.
If her pulse is rapid and Blood pressure is low,she has to be given Intra Venous(IV) fluids under supervision of a doctor.
Due to loose stools,Blood pressure will be low.So,please give her BP tablet after checking Blood pressure regularly.You should give the tablet only when the recording is high.
Hope i answered your query
Wish her speedy recovery and good health.
If you have any doubts,i will clarify further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor