Having diabetes and thyroid. On thyroxine and obimet. Why am I not having sexual arousal?

Dr. Minal Mohit

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I am 46 yrs male. I am diabetic and I have thyroid too. I am taking 100mcg Thyroxine daily and taking Obimet G2 forte morning and evening before meal. Last month I tested TSH report is 8 value, then doctor prescribed thyroxine 100mcg and after 15 days re-test and thyroid TSH comes 4.1 value. My problem is from last two month I have no sexual arousal disorder, even my testosterone is normal in test diabetic is also normal. No ED problem but no sexual arousal no excitement comes in mind what can I do
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems you are stressed or over busy. Detailed Answer: Dear Mr. XXXXXXX Hi! T2DM and even hypothyroidism are known to affect libido. Neuropathy is a common problem and one of the earliest to get affected is erection. But as you have pointed out erection is not a problem, it is the desire that is decreased. your blood glucose control is good and even your thyroid is balanced with thyroxine replacement, erection is normal then it seems more of a stressed out state. May be a small vacation, change of place and environment and some recreation might help you. Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 40 minutes later
I am not busy and no stress in personal life as well in business. Only stress is no sexual excitement no sensation through mind
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: Change of place and environment would be my first advice... Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX I understand your concern. In such circumstance, I suggest a change of place and environment. Try a vacation and if things don't improve then you can try a booster dose of testosterone. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 4 hours later
I consult with dr. he prescribed me XXXXXXX cr 12.5 mg one daily at night and andriol 40 mg one daily at night. Is this treatment help me for solve my problem
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes they will to some extent. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX cr is paroxetine, that you must have already checked on net. It is a mood elevator. Andriol is testosterone which I also recommended. So, in a way yes these drugs will help you. But above all, you alone can help yourself. Try to find out the reason for this indifference and try to come out of it, full of life, with your positive attitude. Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Minal Mohit 16 hours later
You Said : But above all, you alone can help yourself. Try to find out the reason for this indifference and try to come out of it, full of life, with your positive attitude. Will u advice me how keep myself with positive attitude and how i find the reason plz
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prolonging the discussion. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Hi! Being a doctor, first response is that there is no medical problem as per your reports. Being an endocrinologist , second response is try testosterone dose. But above all being your counselor, a friend, your adviser, my personal advise was to overcome your problem with behavior therapy because there is no organic problem apparently so medicine should be second line therapy , first should be counselling. But I think you did not accept this. So fine try out with testosterone. Regards!